Last update: 26th August 2021
Roquebrune is made of 3 villages:
- La Bouverie: a residential suburb in the middle of the forest
- Les Issambres: by the sea, overlooking the Saint Tropez and Fréjus / Saint Raphaël bays
- Roquebrune village: the old village
So logically I will detail tips and tricks for all 3 parts of Roquebrune sur Argens. Enjoy!
Fresh and local fruits and vegetables from producers: la Grande Bastide
5-minute drive from Roquebrune. My all time favorite is la Grande Bastide. Fruits, vegetables, meat, wine… it comes from producers from Roquebrune or the are, or the rest of Provence. I like the spirit: this shop is a partnership between producers. The Ciamous family is an old family from Roquebrune.
- Web: La Grande Bastide
- Address: 160 Route du Golf Quartier la Rouvière, Roquebrune sur Argens, 83520, France
💡 Stop on the way back from the Saint Aygulf (the sea)
⚠ Check the opening times on the net, it varies from season to season
Wine and delicatessen from Roquebrune and the rest of Provence: Maison du Terroir
The Maison du Terroir is on the main square Place Perrin. There, you’ll find honey, olives and wine produced in Roquebrune. There’s a wide selection.
- Web: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maisonduterroirroquebrune/ or http://www.roquebrune.com/index.php/culture/maison-du-terroir
- Address: 4, place Alfred Perrin 83520 Roquebrune-Sur Argens, France
7/7 grocery store
Proxi is open from 8 to 20 (8pm), 7 days a week, very helpful.
- Web: no
- Address: 37 Rue Grande André Cabasse, 83520 Roquebrune-sur-Argens, France
Cakes and tea room with a terrace: Confiture de Lait
When I was a kid, this was a renown cake shop (“Pâtisserie” in French). This young couple, Élise and Jules, took over in March 2021. Guess what? Awesome! Do check it out.
- Web: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Confiture-de-Lait-P%C3%A2tisserie-101749794881343/
- Address: 17 Rue des Portiques, 83520 Roquebrune-sur-Argens, France
⚠ Beware: It is addictive and in front of the family house (close to the Church)
There are many restaurants and snacks to choose from in Roquebrune sur Argens.
I’ve listed places offering French cuisine. Some of them do use local products. Others offer cuisine from other countries (and I’m not talking about kebab, pizza, fish and chips…!).
Home-style French cuisine with home delivery: Evelyne.com à la maison
The selection changes everyday. They deliver to the door (Roquebrune Village, la Bouverie and Le Puget), it is very handy. There is a terrace on a pedestrian place.
- Order by phone: +33 494 81 09 77 (do they speak English? No idea)
- Web: the daily menu is available there
- Address: 8 Place Saint-Pierre, 83520 Roquebrune-sur-Argens, France
Stylish restaurant with seasonal menu: Le Jardin de l’Orangeraie
It is all true: there is a garden, you eat on the terrace, next to the orange trees. If you are looking for stylish restaurant, with dishes you’ve never seen before, that’s the place to be! If you’re with kids or you’d prefer fish and chips, you might want to go elsewhere!
- Web: site
- Address: 401 Boulevard Jean Jaurès, 83520 Roquebrune-sur-Argens, France
Paëlla, couscous or tajine: Les Templiers
- Web: Facebook
- Address: 3 Place Alfred Perrin, 83520 Roquebrune-sur-Argens, France
To reach Saint Tropez is a lot quicker and nicer by boat. There are several options:
- Closest, only during July and August: from Les Issambres – check out the boats timetable from Les Issambres to Saint Tropez
- Most frequent, only during July, August, September and early October: from Sainte Maxime (this village is also worth a visit by the way): check out the boats timetable from Sainte Maxime to Saint Tropez